Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Closed Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 30 Jan 2019 15:21

Hi
Does anyone know how to open a closed record..Thank's

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jan 2019 15:42

Do you mean on the 1939 register

Records have been opened where a death has been picked up

If you want to open a record you would have to submit a copy of the death cert

FMP should explain how to do this

cane

cane Report 30 Jan 2019 15:50

Yes Shirley

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Jan 2019 15:51

Instructions here;

https://tinyurl.com/y9vrhamd

How can I open a record of an individual I know to be deceased?

Findmypast.co.uk subscribers can request a check of the closed records free of charge and if successful, the record will be made available via the online service. Please note in order to access this service you will be required to provide proof of death, mostly commonly by providing a death certificate.

Non-Findmypast.co.uk subscribers should use The National Archives Freedom of Information (FOI) request form to request a search of closed records from the 1939 Register. If the record can be opened, we will send you a full transcription of the information held in the record. The opened record will be available to view on Findmypast.co.uk ten working days after the notification of a successful request. Please note there is a fixed charge of £23.35 for this service.

The transcription is likely to include the following details: schedule number, sub-schedule number, name, address, date of birth, gender, marital status and occupation.

cane

cane Report 30 Jan 2019 15:53

Shirley Whats FMP ….I'me sure that I used to know all o this years ago, you forget when you've not been a constant at family history ..Sorry

cane

cane Report 30 Jan 2019 15:53

Thanks ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Jan 2019 16:13

FMP = FindMyPast, as in the piece I posted above.