Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree printing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

General

General Report 10 Mar 2019 16:02

Hi
Can anyone recommend, from experience, the best provider of Family Tree charts? Details and costs would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian McKay M A

http://Ian-McKay.com

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Mar 2019 16:34

https://www.genealogyprinters.com/

You'd need to ask them for a quote based on your requirements

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Mar 2019 16:36

If you're still looking for a customer support email address, use this:

[email protected]

They'll reply in about 3 days.

Re family tree charts -
depends what you mean by "best".
If you Google "family tree charts", you'll find lots of options to compare pros and cons.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Mar 2019 16:55

Several threads on this subject. Have a look at them

General

General Report 10 Mar 2019 20:50

Many thanks to both 'Argyl Gran and Erika H. I appreciate you taking the time to get back to me. :-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 10 Mar 2019 20:54

Note that most people on GR use genealogy printers, the site given you by TEC

General

General Report 11 Mar 2019 14:28

""""Ref: +++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Mar 2019 16:34
https://www.genealogyprinters.com/""""

"You'd need to ask them for a quote based on your requirements."

Apologies for the late reply, and thank you mvery much for the link!

Regards

Ian McKay M A

http://Ian-McKay.com

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Mar 2019 16:16

Ian .............

GR has always said members should not put personal email addresses, and they will remove if they notice.

This is NOT a private site, anything you post may well end up on the internet, sometimes within minutes.

Putting your email address on here can therefore be out there, and lay you open to all kinds of abuse.

You can contact anyone on this site, and vice versa, as I did, by private mail (pm) through the GR system.

Please will you remove your email address from all posts ..... you can do it by clicking Edit in the top line of each individual post.

General

General Report 11 Mar 2019 17:32

Hi Sylvia
Many thanks for your good advice. I didn't think that I posted my email address what you may have thought was my email address; is, because I'm a writer, in fact, my authors web site. Thanks for the warning anyway.

Cheers
Ian

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Mar 2019 18:52

Ian ............

That does NOT matter ..... IF you read Terms and Conditions, GR says do not post email addresses. Communication is to be through pms

Publicisation is in general disapproved of.

From their Guidelines for Message Board Use ............

"Please do not include an email address, postal address, phone number or any other personal information about yourself or any other living person in material that appears on the service -"

I'm being gentle with my warning, but postings containing such information have been removed, or have been reported as abuse of the system.

May I suggest that you do remove your email address, even though it is not your home email address.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 16 Mar 2019 09:20

Have you checked the .ged file that you sent to the printers to see if some of the fields are not as they should be? If that file is in any way corrupt the problem is not with the printers.
Over the years I have never had a problem with name & date fields within the files exported from my tree on this site. They have all been what I expected.

Note that in the past some folk have experienced problems with date formats when attempting .ged uploads to other software. But my GR exports have always uploaded ok into both Ancestry and PAF5.