Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Glyn

Glyn Report 18 May 2019 09:58

When will death records for March 2018 be online?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 May 2019 10:04

If you mean statutory records, not for quite a while

Try the local newspaper - there may be a death notice

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 May 2019 10:12

It depends where the death took place - you haven't specified.

2018 (and 2019 for that matter) deaths in Scotland are online on Scotlands People website.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 May 2019 10:14

Assuming you mean England or Wales -

Ancestry has many obituaries and burial records from 2018, though of course that doesn't include all deaths

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 May 2019 10:57

If their Estate went to Probate, and they had a relatively unusual name, you might find an entry here
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

It only applies if they lived or had a property etc in England or Wales.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2019 19:01

I thought I read that the GRO don't plan to release any any more bmds later than the 2008 ones that are online

Ancestry do seem to have some later records but don't think they show the GRO ref

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 May 2019 23:05

Found a 2016 one on Find My Past today (have removed name and actual birth/death dates ) - handy, but a bit intrusive IMHO. Info not from GRO

Record Transcription:
United Kingdom Deaths 2007-2017

First name(s) xxxxxxx
Last name xxxxxxxx
Title Miss
Sex Female
Age 98
Birth year 1918
Birth date xxxxxxxx
Death year 2016
Death date xxxxxxxx
Place Poole
Area Bournemouth
Geo direction South West
Postcode area BH
Postcode district BH15
Postcode sector BH15 2
County Dorset
Country England
Record set United Kingdom Deaths 2007-2017
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Civil Deaths & Burials
Collections from Great Britain, England
copyright Wilmington Millennium Ltd <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Looks like they may be trawling to pick up info. Certainly not official GRO info.

Try using any surname and put death 2012 +/- 5 years !!

https://www.wilmingtonmillennium.co.uk/solutions/mortascreen.aspx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 May 2019 07:41

Well my hubby passed in 2015 and his death isn't online

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 May 2019 13:53

My husband passed in 2017 and I was shocked to find his actual death date on line on Ancestry.

His father, who passed in 2013 is not shown.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 May 2019 06:17

Wonder where they are picking up the info Gwyn

I also live in Kent and hubby passed in the wisdom hospice Rochester but his hasn't been picked up

TBH I am glad it's not !!!

greyghost

greyghost Report 22 May 2019 09:42

https://www.wilmingtonmillennium.co.uk/solutions/mortascreen.aspx

www.mortascreen.com has this to say in it's headliners -

Times have changed, compliance is key and keeping data up to date has never been more important.

Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulations is clear - it requires that data is relevant, accurate and kept up to date, and states that 'every reasonable step must be taken' to meet these requirements.

Effectively identifying deceased records within your data is a vital part of the process, and that's where Mortascreen can help.

Mortascreen has long been the trusted solution and market leader for deceased data management. It enables businesses to effectively identify deceased records at the earliest opportunity using only fully verified notifications of death.

If compliance is your priority, which it should be, then Mortascreen should be your choice.

The most accurate data
All our data is fully verified and sourced from exclusive partnerships which include funeral directors, financial institutions and a consumer registration service. Mortascreen does not include any unverified deaths such as mailing returns, assumed deaths due to lack of financial activity, or unverified third party deaths.

The most recent data
Mortascreen contains the details of over 10 million deceased individuals spanning over two decades. Around 10,000 new notifications are added each week, many of these deaths which have taken place in the previous two weeks. Data is processed on a daily basis and outputs available weekly or monthly to suit your business requirements.

The most trusted data
Mortascreen has a long-standing pedigree of providing data from established and trusted data sources. It is the only file to hold full date of death, thus giving companies peace of mind that only legitimate records will be suppressed. We are trusted by over 3,000 businesses who rely on our service and industry experience.

---------------------
One thing encouraging companies etc to comply with GDPR, but another to then publish the data that others have had to remove from their databases.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Oct 2019 16:11

Old thread......but

Ancestry have updated and have deaths for up to and including 2018.

Mother-in- law is listed, even though it's not yet a year since she died, but her husband, who passed in 2013 is still not listed.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Oct 2019 09:51

My hubby still isn’t listed he passed 4 years ago on the 24th

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Oct 2019 10:24

Shirley,

I've no idea how they have selected records for updating... There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Oct 2019 11:14

Just checked for our brother who passed in 2014 and his is on ancestry

Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Report 10 Dec 2019 21:48

If you go to the GRO website, you can search death records up to and including Q2 2019.

Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Report 10 Dec 2019 21:49

If you go to the GRO website, you can search death records up to and including Q2 2019.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Dec 2019 22:40

That's a very recent (and very useful) development.
It wasn't the case when this thread started.

Kuros

Kuros Report 17 Dec 2019 18:10

My mother died in May 2018 and her death is not on Ancestry.

Annie

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Dec 2019 18:45

Annie,

I don't know how the information for the updates is collected.

Father-in-law who passed in 2013 is still not on Ancestry, but his wife (2018 ) and son( 2017 ) are there.