Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding an additional wife

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 17 Feb 2020 12:54

Can you please tell me how I can add another separate wife to someone without the entry taking over the children of another wife. Every time I put their name in my tree they take the place of the current wife and the children. It then looks like the first wife, who died, is linked directly to the second wife and I am getting frustrated. Thank you in anticipation
Jean

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Feb 2020 12:57

Click on the man's name and open the record by clicking on the two little arrows at top right

Click on ADD

Select 'spouse'

Enter the details
Save

I have never encountered the problem you refer to - and I've lost count of the number of second - and third - wives I've added

My father was married twice - my name is attached ONLY to my mother and, of course, to him

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2020 15:54

Nudging in the hope that the OP will return