Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2021 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Jan 2021 18:55

Does anyone know when we can view the census for 2021 ? I was looking forward to seeing this as I would like to know where family was then ,as they seem too be discrepancies to where they were and who they were with ,I did hear that 2021 wont be due for viewing till 2022 so feeling disappointed ,not sure how true this is,,all last year I was thinking soon be 2021 to view the censor, now not so sure if we can .
.regards Sandra

hotchoc

hotchoc Report 2 Jan 2021 19:48

The census is closed for 100 years.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Jan 2021 20:03

Do you mean the 1921 census, Sandra?

From a Google search;

The census, which was the first to be conducted following the introduction of the Census Act of 1920, will be published online by Findmypast in January 2022.
https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jan 2021 21:03

Look at the other thread on here about 1921 census

2021 census hasn’t yet been taken

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Jan 2021 16:13

Thank you Erika and Argyllgran ,Yes I meant the 1921 ,not 2021 sorry,just seen the other thread further down ,shame it's not going to be open until 1922 ,been looking forward to seeing it for 12 months ,now got to wait another 12 month ,never mind ,regards Sandra

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Jan 2021 16:40

The 100 year rule has to be honoured.........