Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unable to upload latest tree.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matthew

Matthew Report 7 Oct 2021 11:59

Hello. I've received an error message several times over several days, after selecting the latest gedcom file on my computer, and telling GR to upload it. I used the Help Centre or Support Team contact form nearly a fortnight ago to report this, but haven't had a response (including into my Junk Mail folder). Does anyone know of a current issue with uploading gedcoms that is being worked on? Thank you.
Matthew Wilde.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Oct 2021 12:31

This, or similar, is a frequent problem on GR.
People often find it says "uploading" for hours or days, with nothing apparently happening.

Have you tried emailing them directly?

[email protected]

They usually reply within 3-5 working days.

Kense

Kense Report 7 Oct 2021 17:16

You could use a GEDCOM Validator or Consistency Checker to check that there aren't any errors on your GEDCOM.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Oct 2021 17:49

I doubt very much that GR are ‘working on’ anything

You’d probably be better just to add your tree on GR one person at a time

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Oct 2021 19:53

I hope it is not a big tree then.