General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Exporting tree to gedcom

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 21 May 2019 16:43

Has anyone had any difficulty exporting their tree as a gedcom file. I've been trying for days but all it says is that it's 'pending'. I've checked my emails including the spam but not received anything. I've emailed the support team at GR a few days ago but had no reply

Kense

Kense Report 21 May 2019 16:49

That problem happens from time to time. You just have to wait for Support to fix it. They won't have been working over the weekend but it should be fixed in a day or two.

Karen

Karen Report 21 May 2019 16:51

Thank you Kense

Karen

Karen Report 29 May 2019 09:58

Has anyone had problems contacting the support team? I've emailed them 3 times now but had no response and I'm still unable to export my tree to a gedcom( it's now over 5 weeks)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 29 May 2019 17:27

Are you emailing them at

[email protected]

They say that they reply within 3-5 business days ......... ie, Monday to Friday, ca 8:30 am to 4:30 pm

Karen

Karen Report 29 May 2019 22:07

Yes that's who I've emailed 3 times and no reply. Even checked my spam box but nothing

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 May 2019 08:09

Are you on Facebook? Try posting on Findmypast’s page. FMP is GRs sister site. The same support staff manage both. You *might* get a faster response.
Support may have to notify the technical department

In mitigation, we do need to bear in mind that this last weekend has been 3 days long & this week is half term in England & Wales. It’s possible that they’re short staffed because people have taken annual leave. All the same, they should have sorted it out before now.

Karen

Karen Report 30 May 2019 18:08

Problem sorted, GU finally replied and sent me a gedcom attachment of my tree