General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Narcissism

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Jun 2019 16:23

Do you remember my thread about narcissistic mothers?

Today is World Day For Remembrance of Narcissistic Abuse.

As if we victims didn't remember it every day anyway!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Jun 2019 17:42

:-( :-(

Madge

Madge Report 1 Jun 2019 18:33

Maybe it is more an awareness day, up till reading your thread I had no idea of this condition, maybe if it was not acknowledged victims may think they was not valued and the condition not recognised.

Dammed if you do or dont' situation really isnt it !!!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 1 Jun 2019 18:40

I don't need reminding of it either Sharron it's a permanent attachment :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 1 Jun 2019 18:57

We are, of course, the first generation to find that we are not suffering totally alone. The first generation who can, maybe, start to make people more aware.

I really hope so.

I have joined a number of victim groups on FB and there are a great many members in several countries. The extraordinary thing is that they generally all operate off the same script!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 1 Jun 2019 21:17

Strange, my brother, out of the blue, for the first time in his life said how badly - and oddly - mum had treated me.
My sister is still in denial.