General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well, by any Standards.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 2 Jun 2019 21:57

…..that was a weird weekend :-D

On Saturday morning we went shopping in South Perth, which is where our hotel was situated.

My mind was, as usual, vacant, when suddenly my OH grabbed my arm and said "That's him!"

Bit of a mystery; had she been assaulted whilst I was in a world of my own, and she had now seen the perpetrator?

No. She immediately answered the question herself by explaining that it was Kim Beazley, an ex-Federal MP and one time leader of the Labor Party.

I turned, and the figuring ploughing ahead certainly looked like him.

I little while later we were in an upmarket supermarket buying something for lunch, when, sure enough, there was Kim Beazley wandering around, looking a bit scruffy, with a shopping basket in his hand.

Nothing exceptional about this except for one thing;, Kim Beazley is the current Governor of Western Australia, and the ex- Ambassador to the USA.

His official residence is Government House in Perth, but on the North side of the River Swan, not the South side where he was merrily shopping.

It raised a couple of interesting points 1) with a staff of many, including chefs and kitchen staff, why was he doing his own shopping? and 2) What the hell was he looking for South of the River that he couldn't find North of the River?

:-D :-D :-D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Beazley

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Jun 2019 16:03

" 2) What the hell was he looking for South of the River that he couldn't find North of the River?"

Your OH? ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 3 Jun 2019 16:29

Allan my cousin owns a great big remote control boat/ car shop in Perth :-D :-D

Allan

Allan Report 3 Jun 2019 23:14

:-D@Rose

Whereabouts in Perth, Joy? There is Perth itself, which really refers to the Central City, and then there's 'Perth' which consists of many other cities and towns. In this respect it is very similar to London