General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

******TROOPING****The Colour

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jun 2019 13:18

Just watched a few highlights little Louis was the star attraction well all Williams children they look so happy & loved . :-D Barbara x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jun 2019 13:52

The weather's miserable here so I sat and watched the whole thing this morning. As you say, William's children were the stars of the balcony. Little Louis looked just like George at that age and Charlotte seemed to be waving at everyone.

At least the weather down there was kind to the soldiers on parade.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jun 2019 15:07

We were out at a garden centre as it is dry and bright here, if a little windy. I think the highlights are on this evening so I expect we will watch it then.

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Jun 2019 16:00

I have not seen it but I think Louis looks like Michael Middleton and Charlotte like Princess Margaret.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jun 2019 17:11

Tropping??????????

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 8 Jun 2019 17:18

flying flinger trubble!!!

LOL

Island

Island Report 8 Jun 2019 18:54

It's what the horses do Sylvia. Trip trop, trip trop, trip trop... :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Jun 2019 19:06

Just wondered who would notice one up to Sylvia .& Island :-D

Island

Island Report 8 Jun 2019 19:26

Well I wasn't going to say....
…… until Sylvia did

:-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Jun 2019 21:00

I don't often mention spelling errors, we all make them ......... but that just seemed so funny!

As Island said, horses go trip trop.

and I see one guardsman actually fell off his horse!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Jun 2019 21:25

I noticed but was waiting for you to realise :-( it was funny

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Jun 2019 10:00

Sylvia and Ann, I'm going to watch it on catch-up - in case I miss the fall (I am not always observant as my OH knows) where did it happen?

Poor guy, I bet he is feeling a bit embarrassed at the moment. <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 9 Jun 2019 12:28

I mispelt Trooping. didn't know about the rider on a Horse hope he is alright apparently they have salt so they don't faint on the Parade .Thought the Queen didnt look very happy .saying that good for her age very smart as all the Troops were :-) Barbara

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Jun 2019 12:41

It doesn't matter about Tropping as we all knew what you meant.

Yes, Barbra, salt lifts your blood pressure; you can keel over if it drops too low, as I know to my cost.

Watched a bit of the programme - the Queen coughed a couple of times and was it my eyes or did she sneeze in her carriage?