General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Barrymore with Piers Morgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 8 Jun 2019 23:26

Did anyone watch the interview with Michael Barrymore earlier on ITV?

He had it all and then as per the fame and fortune becomes out of control and so his life spiralled out of control.Listening to him talk tonight was rather sad.
He now lives alone except for his dog, but hes clean and says hes happy on his own.

In his heyday, he was the face of so many tv shows, the funnyman, great with kids etc and yet in an instant his life took a downward spiral and really will never be the same again.

I thought he was very honest talking about his life and problems and admitting he messed up but the death at his house will always hang over him what ever really happened.

I think sometimes however mundane and boring our ordinary lives are, I wouldn't swap my lifestyle for a celebrity one at any price would you?

Florence in the hebrides

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jun 2019 06:55

I watched it and thought he was very honest but what a shame he got himself in such a mess

Seems the newspapers at the time of the death really wanted to make dirt out of what happened .as he said how could it have been a gay orgy when it was a mix of females and males he invited back to his place.

Sadly it may never come out what happened to man who died that led up to the event but that will always hang over him

It's nice to see he has turmed his life around and is now helping others who have or have had similar problems

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Jun 2019 09:45

Anonymity can both liberate & ensnare us all.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 9 Jun 2019 09:47

I did see that he was on with Piers Morgan but I didn't watch it as I always thought he was a glib character who knew well how to play to the audience.

I think he's not the only one who did (and does) that though.

Shirley, I, too, feel more sorry for the man who died and for his family. No matter what went on it appeared to me that no one seemed to care; it was the usual 'I never saw anything, guv'.

Very very sad.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2019 09:50

And he got a big pay off for the interview.

Island

Island Report 9 Jun 2019 10:44

as do the other guests Sue.

Didn't see it but have to say the problem with celebrity seems to be the hangers on who all want their cut and the vile greedy media. No thanks, not worth it.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2019 11:13

I know all the people get a big payout but bet he got more than the others.

Rambling

Rambling Report 9 Jun 2019 11:16

I won't watch Morgan, not for any money lol.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 9 Jun 2019 13:24

Can't stand Morgan at all.

Would love to slap him.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jun 2019 14:16

Sorry But I think he has had his days of fame
He cant tell me
He doesn't know what happened to Stuart
Because I know for sure
if this happened at a party at my house
I would know exactly what happened and
Who did it

As for Morgan
Sometimes he is annoying sometimes not :-D :-D

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Jun 2019 14:58

Yes well someone knew what happened as there were not that many people there.

If it happened at my house, yes I would know exactly what happened.

Nope I really wouldn't swap my lifestyle for a celebrity one.

I cant stand the hangers on either. The ones that are not really famous but just like to think they are and they give snippets to the press just to keep a story going so they can get some money.

I wonder why he agreed to do the interview? Was it just for some money seeing as his career has gone or was it really to try and set the record straight?

Wonder what the poor guys family thought?

Florence in the hebrides

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 9 Jun 2019 15:04

I feel sorry for Stuarts family
My sympathies lie with them :-( :-( :-(

I remember seeing his post-mortem details
it was horrific :-( :-(

Dermot

Dermot Report 9 Jun 2019 16:55

There is only so long the truth can be hidden; eventually, and sometimes unexpectedly, it will break through & explode.

And we will all collectively exclaim: "Well, I never"!

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 10 Jun 2019 00:57

Barrymore's second trades is an actor
You seen him Act

Dont be fooled :-( :-(