General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I know it's a matter of taste

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Jul 2019 22:10

and we won't all like the same things, but I am watching the news , Laura K interviewing Mrs May , and all I'm thinking is that I wouldn't have that cushion, that table, that lamp, and that wall colour. :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jul 2019 22:34

Obviously a scintillating interview then! :-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Jul 2019 22:42

Well I didn't need to listen to know what each would say, so I let my attention wander ( as it so often does :-) )

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 12 Jul 2019 22:44

...probably more interesting... :-D

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jul 2019 01:48

I am and always have been distracted by her choice of clothing, she always looks as if she is wearing someone else's jackets and trousers. Sleeves too short, peplum jackets too highly cut, jackets too short at the back...... it used to incense me that she didn't have things tailored to her size and shape. I am sure she could afford it.

Lizxx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jul 2019 03:36

Liz .............

I'm noticing that type of ill-fitting jacket on so may women in the public eye (TV anchors, commentators, politicians, etc) that I'm beginning to think that that is the new style, and these poor women are convinced by their stylists that this is what they have to wear.

I've also sometimes thought that Meghan's clothes and shoes often don't seem to fit her, whereas Kate and Sophie Wessex as well as Princess Anne seem more pulled together and fitted.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jul 2019 11:05

Even my hubby noticed yesterday that the jacket Sue Barker was wearing at Wimbleton didn't fit well. He just happened to say "that jacket isn't very flattering is it?" and from someone who wouldn't notice if I walked in wearing a bin bag must say something!

I think Teresa May's problem is that she seems to be getting very stooped and so jackets don't hang well on her.

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jul 2019 12:32

I agree about her dress sense, I wonder if she has been advised by somebody? If so maybe sack him/her

I might be in a minority here (what's new), but I like Laura and I feel she is a good interviewer. I also didn't feel TM gave a bad interview. And, whatever she has or has not done I would still rather have her than Johnson. She just didn't 'gell' with the rest of her party.

And I never get involved in politics on here. :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Jul 2019 17:23

Kath ...........

I think you are right about TM's stoop ........ she does seem to have become more stooped over the years, and that will affect how clothes fit her.

Island

Island Report 13 Jul 2019 17:32

Re TMs stoop. A good dressmaker/tailor adjusts the pattern to accommodate all shapes and sizes. Unless of course Mrs May buys off the peg.....

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Jul 2019 00:50

Agreed, Island. I think she buys off the peg but not the right peg lol

Lizx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2019 00:51

:-D :-D :-D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 14 Jul 2019 07:43

I've often wondered who 'dresses' Mrs M. Her skirts are far too short for a lady of mature years - she has an awkward gait when walking and worse when dancing!!! Her curtsies to the Queen are excruciatingly embarrassing. Poor woman …...not a lot going for her really :-D

Well fitted clothes make all the difference - I really dislike seeing men in ill-fitting suits with knuckle grazing sleeves and concertina trousers...…..its as though they have been bought to 'grow into'. :-)

Island

Island Report 14 Jul 2019 09:19

:-D :-D @ Liz

Island

Island Report 14 Jul 2019 10:25

I found TMs' leather trousers quite disturbing

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 14 Jul 2019 10:35

*Shudder*

Island

Island Report 14 Jul 2019 10:45

and me Maggie

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jul 2019 23:21

I don't like the men's fashion of tight jackets, one button fastened, sleeves short, and pants that don't quite fit.