General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I find a marriage?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 25 Jul 2019 23:38

I have used most of my credits looking for a marriage without success. Is there a simple way to do this? I can't seem to find a search where I can put husband and wifes name in

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Jul 2019 01:35

You can always ask one of us to look it up :-D
Feel free to PM me details I'll see what I can do no promises of success but you never know or if you're happy putting the details public just put them on here others will gladly help too.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Jul 2019 03:46

Jayne .............. are you looking for a marriage in England and Wales between July 1 1837 and about 1990??

If so, a MUCH better site, it's the one we all use, and it is FREE, so you don't need any credits, is Freebmd .....

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

You can enter husband's name and wife's forename and/or surname (or vice versa).

BMDs later than about 1990 can be found on Ancestry and FMP ........ but you can ask someone to look on there for you, you don't need to take out a subscription yourself unless you really want to.