General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Puzzled

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2019 14:06

In our area as, I suspect, in all other areas, on Facebook there are sites for selling things. Good idea and i have sold on there myself. However why I am puzzled is, I have noticed recently that there are, on both sites I look at, lots of things being sold that are brand new. recently i have seen clothes, cushions, an electric steamer/pressure cooker, two pairs of street blades and an electric soup maker all brand new with the labels on.

I don't know, best guess is they are unwanted presents but I find it a bit strange. Anyone else have any ideas?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Jul 2019 14:41

Looking on the bright side you are probably right in that they are unwanted gifts. On the darker side they could be stolen goods!

Kath. x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2019 14:54

Kath Mmm! And some of the stuff is more than one from the same person. Maybe unwanted wedding presents? :-D

Island

Island Report 29 Jul 2019 15:23

Shoplifting!

I doubt they are unwanted wedding presents as couples supply lists so they get what they want. Gone are they days of multiple toasters and bales of horrible towels.

There's masses of stuff on FB marketplace, I often think 'that's a strange collection you have there' LOL One of my FB friends is always advertising clothes on different FB sites, always 'brand new', I've no idea why/how she is selling new stuff :-S

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 29 Jul 2019 15:30

Ask McHeath but don't push it or he'll send his friend Mack round.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2019 15:34

Rollo :-D I do wish there was a like button on here.

I was thinking more a wedding that didn't happen Island!!!

Island

Island Report 29 Jul 2019 15:46

Don't they return presents if the wedding's called off Ann?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Jul 2019 15:57

Supposed to I think!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 30 Jul 2019 09:26

Also on a downside....could be an outlet for fake stuff....it will all look good on screen....

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 30 Jul 2019 09:31

Police are scanning FB all the time for crimes and people selling regularly will be of interest.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Jul 2019 15:29

Well I have to admit to sending a couple of things to the charity shop that still had labels on so I assume some of the clothes could be bad impulse buys. But one person had a lot of 'new' with label on clothes.