General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

reviews

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 2 Aug 2019 17:45

Why is it, seemingly every time we buy something, or use a service, we get a text or e-mail asking us to review it. I even had one from the doctor yesterday asking my views on the experience. I bought something in Halfords the other day, and the sales person asked for my e-mail address. (Which I declined to give her). I rarely, if ever reply to these, but I did for the removal firm as they were so good.

David

David Report 2 Aug 2019 18:07

In reply Bob I'd say our reviews form a form of advertising if published and they

help those reviewed to improve their service or product, if necassary.

I object to their selling our details to others marketing similar products.

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Aug 2019 19:12

I had one asking if I'd like my visit to the dentist!!...who likes going to the dentist even if they are really nice people :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 2 Aug 2019 21:23

what annoys me these days is the sponsored "links" to say newspaper articles, a few lines in and its greyed out asking if i accept their tracking cookies.....