General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 20 Aug 2019 10:06

Can anyone get on GR thismorning as I have tried several times and keep getting the Error Page.

Mel

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Aug 2019 10:16

It was up and down yesterday same today.

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Aug 2019 10:28

I got in yesterday by googling the name, none of the other routes worked eg
going through the logo or customer support link in the error message, Even that's not working now so had to get in by googling an old thread and then signing in from there.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2019 10:33

Couldn't get in by googling then logging in but just got in normally. I have emailed them to see if they know what is wrong. Yesterday I got in by googling.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Aug 2019 10:43

Error page SO many times yesterday and today.

I posted on one thread and kept getting the error message then eventually saw that my reply had posted 8 times, so I had to go through and delete 7 of them.

Think I'll go off and be busy in the real world.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Aug 2019 11:49

If anyone is having problems can you please email support, They are aware of Mel and my problems but say they have had no other reports so assume all is ok.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Aug 2019 11:59

I emailed them yesterday. This was their response:-

Dear Kathleen

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems on the site.

Please could you let me know exactly what is happening? I will then be able to investigate this for you.

I will need the full step by step details of what you are clicking on, along with any error message you receive.

Can you provide me a direct link to the pages where you are seeing the error?

This information will help us to try and recreate this issue, then pass the details to our technical experts.

Many thanks in advance of your co-operation.

With kind regards,

Joanna
Genes Reunited Support Team

Unfortunately I am not technically minded enough to explain to them exactly what is happening but my son tried getting in in different ways and as he used to be a computer technician said that the problem was definitely at Genes end. I haven't bothered to reply because I managed to get in this morning and I'm sure they won't agree that it is a problem that they need to sort out at their end.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Aug 2019 12:00

I've just sent an email to support. :-)

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 20 Aug 2019 12:22

I’ve had no trouble getting in at all but yesterday when doing a post I twice got the error message then, like Gwyn, saw my reply had posted twice.

Annx

Annx Report 20 Aug 2019 13:06

I was very slow getting on yesterday and the error page a couple of times, but just got straight on today.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 20 Aug 2019 13:30

Had no problems at all anytime getting on the site,

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Aug 2019 13:36

The problem is with Bright Solid who host the GenesR servers.
It is caused by credentials (login) being timed out by the Microsoft IIS Server.
There are a variety of causes for this of which nearly all are at the server side.
It can also be caused by a (very) slow user connection. However as I have been getting this error with a fast connection (300Mbps 12ms ping ) for the last two days I doubt it is that.

Sometimes a connection by ethernet cable rather than wifi will work.
If you are using wifi try and use the 5.00 freq rather than 2.4 as it is much faster. Default is usually 2.4.

Otherwise there is not much users can do except wait until a techie has sorted it out. The support staff have not got a clue.

Dermot

Dermot Report 20 Aug 2019 13:37

Technology races on while many of us fail to keep pace. :-|

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 20 Aug 2019 15:28

Mixing up two languages in one sentence is not exactly erudite.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Aug 2019 16:18

Was totally out yesterday

Have got the error page too a couple of times today

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Aug 2019 18:06

I had no problems yesterday, and got on first time just about 10 minutes ago.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Aug 2019 00:59

It's been acting up for me for the last 4 hours or so