General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Never Ends

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Sep 2019 14:33

Have just had the woman across the road ring me on her mobile. You know, the one who intends to kill the village children with her particulates!

The coal is here, probably not the original pallet, and the man backed it in the gate. As he did so, he pulled down the telephone wire!

She asked if I could contact BT for her to have them repair it so I rang them. Luckily, she is in the same postcode as I am and I know what her house is called because they asked me what her name was. She has been there over twenty years, first with her husband and then with another man she may or may not have been married to and, in that time, I have seen her about a dozen times and never known her surname because I have never had need to know it.

Naturally, the daft bat has turned her mobile off so I can't tell her her incident number.

Dermot

Dermot Report 3 Sep 2019 16:33

Technology races on while many of us fail to keep pace.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Sep 2019 17:50

She rang me after about two and a half hours to say that the BT engineer had already been and done the repair. He had even moved the junction to where she had always wanted it to be and it will not cost her anything because it was on a particular side of something.

If I can't do much else, I can get things done.

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Sep 2019 18:20

Well done Sharron now if you can just sort the World out too :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 3 Sep 2019 19:06

Well done! :-D
I'm so glad the coal's turned up too.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 3 Sep 2019 23:48

only needs white washing, to deter thieves!!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 Sep 2019 00:01

:-D :-D :-D