General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chill out

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Sep 2019 20:46

Jacob Leeks Mogg
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-49702929

:-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Sep 2019 22:32

And not quite good enough to take the lead! ;-)

Dermot

Dermot Report 16 Sep 2019 07:06

I'm beginning to warm to the fellow's apparent laid-back attitude. ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Sep 2019 10:56

Almost like my Dad and my son - laid back to the point of being horizontal, but never at work, for goodness sake.

JR-M has done himself no favours with the attitude he has adopted - in his workplace! Whether or not he was on a break, he has simply given ammunition to those who perceive themselves to be ordinary and who are sick of being 'led' by so-called toffs whose ability seems to personify the phrase 'couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery.

The worst thing about it is that he doesn't seem to care, as if he were saying 'put that in your pipes and smoke it you riff-raff!'

Is this really the best we can produce?

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 16 Sep 2019 11:09

I like the man. :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Sep 2019 11:22

I liked Ray Allen and his dummy, Lord Charles, but I wouldn't have wanted the dummy to be running the country :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXCxvWdg1vU

edit sorry I got muddled, but I did like Ray Charles too ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Sep 2019 11:33

I'll say one good thing for him though, his descendants will bless him when they look for their ancestors names on census etc. :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Sep 2019 14:32

I'll second that, Rose. I doubt whether there'll be another Sixtus/Sextus around with that surname.

Sorry, I think it is probably Sixtus but I am playing it safe. :-D

I seem to remember that JR-M's sister did not have a common name either but for the life of me I can't .... Ooh, wait a mo, was it Anunciata or something.

There is an Arabella, an Anastasia and a couple of Keziahs on my tree - all born in England. Otherwise we are in the 'any old Tom, Dick and Harry brigade'.

Dermot

Dermot Report 16 Sep 2019 15:40

The mystery rolls on.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 17 Sep 2019 10:06

lying clown

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/reclining-jacob-rees-mogg-features-on-poster-claiming-tories-are-lying-about-nhs-11364395222199