General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Delivery Charge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Sep 2019 19:52

We don't live near a pharmacy and neither does our blind, elderly neighbour who has pre-filled dose boxes delivered every week. She could not even get to the pharmacy without a great deal of organizing.

Some twelve or so years ago, my uncle was surprised to have his prescriptions delivered by Boots when he was expecting to pick them up himself. I have used this delivery service and so have many of my neighbours, especially since we now have no bus service.

To my great surprise, there was a letter with the latest prescription telling me that I will now be required to pay £55 a year for the service.

OH and I will now get our prescriptions from the pharmacy that is attached to the medical centre and has opened in recent years because it is open later in the evening so he can pick up after work but my neighbour has no choice and neither have other very elderly .

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 20 Sep 2019 20:03

I think it is only Boots who are charging. Check with the surgery, they may organise free delivery. I did actually see that Boots said they would not charge the most vulnerable.

David

David Report 20 Sep 2019 20:38

Sounds like a good opportunity for a Chemist to establish a business ?

On his own or within an established shop within your village.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Sep 2019 21:08

When I visited mt daughter in Worthing at the weekend, we passed her doctor's surgery. Apparently, there's a pharmacist attached to it!
This is Worthing!
Where N lives, she's 10 minutes walk away from the sea, and 10 minutes walk away from a main shopping centre, and there are plenty of buses about 3 minutes walk away - yet her doctor's surgery has a pharmacist attached!
It should be the 'norm' in any rural setting.
The last thing you want to do when you're ill is travel to get your medication.

In Winchester, there are 2 'Lloyds' chemists on the 2 minute walk from the Doctor's surgery to my bus stop.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Sep 2019 15:12

Ours is a rural practice with pharmacy BUT you have to live about 1 1/2 miles out to be able to use it.

Very handy when I lived at the top of one of the hills but having moved into the village proper we can't use it. Luckily there is a little pharmacy shop in the village. Many people don't like it but there is little public transport.