General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great weight descended

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Sep 2019 12:17

The bookshelf is behind the sofa where I sit. There are not books on the top shelf (I am still colouring the ones on the other shelves) so Jacky Milburn has taken to sleeping up there.

Last night (as I was colouring) , a great weight fell upon me.

Yes, Jacky had stretched in his sleep and had fallen off.

Maddie

Maddie Report 23 Sep 2019 12:31

:-) :-) :-)
hope he didn't hurt himself, a soft landing maybe

Florence61

Florence61 Report 23 Sep 2019 23:04

Aw :-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 23 Sep 2019 23:13

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Did he act like it was your fault?

Betty 'took' to sleeping on the table during the hot weather.
This is not something I agree with, but she is 13, was hot, and I knew it would only be for a 'time'.
Somehow, she managed to fall off there in her sleep, so I put cushions on the chairs, and put a large piece of thick cardboard on the table for her to sleep on.
This meant, If I caught her sleeping too near the edge - I could move the cardboard (and her) further from the edge, without disturbing her :-D

Now it's colder, she's found a pack of 9 toilet rolls on the living room floor (put there when unpacking shopping) is much more 'suitable' :-|