General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you switch a lot?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Sep 2019 19:16

Just curious how many people regularly switch utility, insurance, phone etc providers often? It's a topic that came up recently when a friend told me how much they were paying for broadband and phone and it was much higher than I expected.

Annx

Annx Report 24 Sep 2019 19:34

I do a comparison every year on car and house insurance and usually save around £50 on each as being a new customer with another company gives you the cheapest deals. Similarly with utilities at the end of the fixed rate deals, but there's more to be saved on those! I used to do it even before I moved here 19 years ago, but it was by phone then!

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Sep 2019 19:39

Good for you Ann :-) I switched phone and broadband when a fixed rate ended a few months ago and that has saved around £8 a month, just switching gas and electric which should save about £ 50 for the year I hope.

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Sep 2019 19:44

I don't want to have to do all that, more admin to survive!

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Sep 2019 19:53

It's not too bad Sharron, all online , basically just a click and it's done, having put in your address, email etc. The only thing with the broadband was changing the router, but that's just unplugging one and plugging in the new one and in this case had to have a new phone number, but that's not a problem :-)

Annx

Annx Report 25 Sep 2019 21:13

Those are good savings Rambling. I've not done it with broadband yet. I confess I'm not sure whether I would have to change my email address if I change provider. Now that would be a lot more admin!

Actual changing is easy as Rambling says, but there's quite a lot to answer on the search page for car insurance.