General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Me again, sorry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 26 Sep 2019 13:06

Lately I have been asking a lot of questions and you have all been wonderful. I was up most of last night doing my friends family tree as I am hoping to give it her for her birthday on Saturday. But I hit a blocker. Whether its because I am trying to rush it or Im just thick I don't know. But I need your help again. I have a Lilly K Franklin born 1901 who married Harold G Jacques. I know a lot about Harold but thats all I know about her. I have tried typing her birth in but I dont where that was. How do I find the correct one on the 1911 census if I only know her name x

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:10

You start with looking for her birth reg on the GRO index, ( bearing in mind she might have been reg as Lillian/Lilly/Lilian that should give you her mother's maiden name, you then look for a marriage of those 2 surnames on freebmd.org.uk and see if you can find them on the census in 1911.

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:16

Bear in mind you must look for all possibles on the name, eg she is LILY K on the 1939 reg from other post

so
FRANKLIN, LILY KATHLEEN mmn TASHER **see posts belowe re name )
GRO Reference: 1900 D Quarter in UXBRIDGE Volume 03A Page 28

So you are looking for the marriage of a Franklin to a Tasher *** see next posts (assuming Ms Tasher had not been married in which case it may be Franklin to her married surname)

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:21

As it's the right area try this

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census
Lime Tree Villas, 1, Park Road, Hillingdon West, Uxbridge, Middlesex, England

Frederick Franklin Head Married Male 31 1870 Corn Merchants Clerk Harlington, Middlesex, England
Alice Franklin Wife Married Female 30 1871 - Groombridge, Sussex, England
Albert G P Franklin Son - Male 8 1893 Scholar Harlington, Middlesex, England
William F Franklin Son - Male 6 1895 Scholar Uxbridge, Middlesex, England
Alice V E Franklin Daughter - Female 4 1897 - Uxbridge, Middlesex, England
Lily K Franklin Daughter - Female 0 1901 - Uxbridge, Middlesex, England
George Franklin Father Married Male 74 1827 Retired Cattleman On Farm Harlington, Middlesex, England

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:22

So you can then look at the other children's births on the GRO and see if you can find one with the same mmn to confirm , in this case it appears the name is not TASHER, but Tasker

FRANKLIN, ALBERT GEORGE PERCY mmn TASKER
GRO Reference: 1892 J Quarter in STAINES Volume 03A Page 15

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:24

You can then look for a marriage, on freebmd, it may be (is) in the same area as on census, Frederick Franklin to Alice Tasker.

I'll let you find it yourself for the practice :-)

Jayne

Jayne Report 26 Sep 2019 13:36

No way. I thought I had some info about her somewhere. I looked through my notebook, scraps of paper but never checked my other thread. What a wally. I tried the gro index yesterday, its not easy to navigate. Thank you rambling again x

Jayne

Jayne Report 26 Sep 2019 13:38

I need the practice lol. Going to make a brew and have a look x

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Sep 2019 13:44

Look for Alice and Frederick on the 1911 census, you will find Lily doesn't have the middle initial given there, it is sometimes easier if you look for another member of the family, or a combination, so in this case I looked for Alice.

You'll also note that on the 1911 Frederick's father is listed with them , so that takes you a little further back on that side of family: George Franklin Father Widower Male 84 1827

It's very difficult to rush doing a tree, inevitably there will be at least one branch that is impossible to rush :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Sep 2019 15:30

The 1891 census with George's wife (Frederick's mother):-

The Village, Harlington, Staines, Middlesex, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Age Birth year Occupation Birth place

George Franklin Head Of Family Married Male 63 1828 Agricultural Labourer Middlesex, England
Eleanor Franklin Wife Married Female 62 1829 - Middlesex, England
Frederick Franklin Son Single Male 21 1870 Clerk Merchants Middlesex, England

Kath. x

Jayne

Jayne Report 27 Sep 2019 12:37

Thank you for all your help. All your help has led to so much other information x