General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2019 10:45

Is there something going on on Ancestry.

My account always seems to be temporarily locked and I would like to use what I have paid for.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 3 Oct 2019 10:52

I can access my account OK

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 3 Oct 2019 10:54

Earlier on I did get a flag up to say they are experiencing intermittent problems.

Maddie

Maddie Report 3 Oct 2019 10:56

from ancestry

Note: You may be experiencing some intermittent service with the Ancestry.co.uk website. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Oct 2019 11:13

I am now logged in using my e-mail address rather than my user name.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 3 Oct 2019 12:41

Ancestry has had some sort of intermittent bug with user names going back well over a year. As well as blocking logins it can make tree sharing impossible.
OTOH using email address always works.

They have another (current) bug "this page is temporarily unavailable" appears frequently. The fix is to press F5 refresh once or twice. It mostly happens when the US East Coast ( GMT -5 ) or West Coast ( GMT -9 ) come on line.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 3 Oct 2019 16:52

Everything you wrote plus the fact that no messages were being received so we never had replies.

It is my OH's site. He asked for a refund of a year's fee - and received it as well as an apology with an explanation.

Good for them!