General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sometimes I have a mischievous thought .....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Nov 2019 02:24

I have a hard time controlling myself when I see a title "Lost great grandfather", or "I have lost my gt gt grandmother"

I have this urge to post "How very careless of you. Can you remember where you saw them last?"

I'm hoping that one of the members who I "know" reasonably well and who seem to have a similar weird sense of humour (hello, Rambling or maggiew :-D) will post such a thread one of these days!

It will really make my day!!!!!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Nov 2019 08:45

I wish I could lose 2 of my so called relations ;-) :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 2 Nov 2019 10:30

:-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Nov 2019 11:46

:-) :-)

Sylvia, my temptation is when someone ( possibly myself lol) posts along the line of

"What happened to William bn 1771?"

to answer: "I'm sorry, he's dead."

Or, to misquote Oscar Wilde, "“To lose one grandparent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.”

:-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 2 Nov 2019 16:55

Rose ...........

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner ................ there is that!!!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 2 Nov 2019 19:07

You beat me to it Rose.

Sharron

Sharron Report 3 Nov 2019 13:42

I have some spare ones in my shed (remember it came with free erection?), do you think he might be in there.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Nov 2019 17:41

could be, Sharron :-D

You'd better be careful though, he might be a little upset after being stuck in there all these years ;-)