General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Does this happen to you?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Nov 2019 12:56

A man's voice called my name this morning very clearly and quite urgently, woke me up. I staggered to sons room to see if it was him ( though why he would call me by name rather than mum I couldn't think ) but it wasn't him. :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2019 13:15

Did you check all the cupboards/wardrobes Rose

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Nov 2019 13:29

Kind of, I was looking for where my hubby’s great aunt had been buried but with the wrong surname, I realised this when my F I Ls voice said a different name, I found her with the name he had shouted and he had been dead a couple of years.

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 Nov 2019 13:43

lol Ann, no I didn't. But it spooked me a bit I must admit.

Spooky ZZzzz, but useful!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Nov 2019 15:25

Can be spooky

I had gone to bed last evening and put the tv on to see the end of a program I had been watching downstairs
Sod’s law I fell asleep and missed it anyway
My snoring woke me up so I turned everything off ,took out the hearing aids and took off the the glasses and settled down
Dropped off and was then woken up with a phone ringing that cut off immediately,I got up and dialled 1471 to see who had rung to find that the last call was the day before

Spooky !

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Nov 2019 15:34

I sometimes have a phone ring or a loud bang in my sleep and there have been voices as well. They always sound very real.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Nov 2019 15:36

I often wonder if these things happen for a reason, like maybe your snoring woke you up so you would switch things off.

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Nov 2019 15:56

Somebody in a white mask was at the side of me on a pillow .scared me but it was Halloween :-D x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Nov 2019 17:29

Rambling .................. yes, I've been woken up by a voice or a noise, only to find nothing.

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 Nov 2019 21:17

This morning I had what sounded like an official announcement in my sleep, telling me that Dixons had gone into administration for £1.

Can't think what interest that might have had for me but I suppose I must have needed to know.

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2019 22:00

A few years ago OH and daughter had gone on a girl's weekend away.

I was awakened by the sound of loud voices downstairs talking in a foreign language.

Going down to see what was happening, the TV was on and an Australian film about illegal immigrants from the Middle East was being shown.

Nothing unusual about that except that I had turned both the TV and recorder off at the wall before going to bed.

The same thing happened to my daughter one weekend when she was looking after the house for us when we were away. :-S :-S

Florence61

Florence61 Report 6 Nov 2019 22:09

I have on several occasions heard my mother say my full name(not the shortened version) and have woken up and said "yes mum," and then realised my mum is 900 miles away and how did she say my name out loud to me?
She spoke so clearly as if she was outside my bedroom door.

I cant explain this at all. It doesn't scare me but wish I could find an explanation!

Florence in the hebrides