General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NO POPPY YET GR??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2019 13:30

Other web sites have their poppy why not us?

Von

Von Report 5 Nov 2019 13:33

Have you contacted them Ann

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 5 Nov 2019 14:03

It has appeared :-)

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 5 Nov 2019 14:16

Thank you GR :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Nov 2019 14:39

No I didn't contact them. But it was not there when I posted. Thank you GR.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Nov 2019 17:36

This pops up every year.

I seem to remember that it has always appeared a few days before November 11 in previous years. Maybe not as soon as some people would like, but it has appeared in time.

Maybe they have a date for when the computer puts in the poppy.

Shall we all try to remember that in 2019, the poppy appeared on November 5 and was taken down on (enter date )?

That way, we'll know not to get upset until THAT date has passed.

November 5, Guy Fawkes Day for those of us born in the UK, should be easy to remember :-D

Personally, I don't mind the poppy not showing until close to November 11, then it doesn't get lost in Hallowe'en (big event in North America) or Guy Fawkes. Like Christmas being in the shops in September, it loses its impact when around for too long.