General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Power Cut

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 5 Nov 2019 22:43

Well that was some power cut.

It lasted from 9.30pm last night until about half an hour ago, although we were given advance warning about it.

As I couldn't do anything else I went for a walk, which took me through the local shopping centre, or as it is now more aptly called the 'cemetery' as so many shops have closed, and the place was full of generators servicing the food shops.

That's going to be some power bill, which presumably the State will be meeting ie us tax-payers :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Nov 2019 23:17

Always the way, Allan - they b*gger up, we pay!
Fine example are Boris Johnson's 'Brexit' 50p's.
£10 million stamped - £11 million to melt them down.

Allan

Allan Report 5 Nov 2019 23:28

They could have been sold on eBay.

Collectors would have paid a fortune for them :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Nov 2019 23:50

They would have!
But it would have been there forever - Johnsons 'Brexit by 31 October or I die in a ditch' - One of the many lies - forever hanging over him :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 6 Nov 2019 15:28

Power cut, Allan!

Just watching Our Yorkshire Farm and they've had one in this episode.

It's a fab series with children and parents so enterprising. If it makes it across to your way, Allan, I think you and your OH will enjoy it.

Von

Von Report 6 Nov 2019 19:08

Don't talk about power cuts Allan. We're suffering several during the night couresy of HS2. Result my oven is refusing to work ;-) ;-) ;-)

Another fine mess they have created ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2019 20:26

It's a world conspiracy.....shocking; or it would be if there was any power to shock us with.

On the positive side (pun definitely intended) an anonymous Government staff member did say that they couldn't understand the complaints as people were actually saving money by being unable to use electrical equipment, and besides that, everyone should be in bed as soon as it goes dark anyway :-D :-D :-D

Time for people power, perhaps a giant hamster wheel in each suburb and we could each take our turn in it.

Free power and an end to obesity!

:-D :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 6 Nov 2019 20:44

Except for the obvious increase in population ;-) ;-) :-D

Allan

Allan Report 6 Nov 2019 20:56

In the Utopian world order, Von, only the elite would be allowed to breed, any way every one would be too knackered from their stint in the wheel :-D :-D