General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Echinacea

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Nov 2019 11:01

Echinaforce Echinacea tablets has anyone taken them and did they do any good/harm?

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 7 Nov 2019 11:55

Dear Ann

Hello

As such Echinacea, should be kept for acute conditions only and taken for a short time only.

It should never be taken if you have an autoimmune disorder
such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or psoriasis.

Many people are deficient in trace elements, such as magnesium, zinc.
Small amounts of these included in your diet often helps.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Sharron

Sharron Report 7 Nov 2019 12:44

isn't echinacea for snotty sort of problems?

I don't actually have anything sensible to add about that but I am delighted with my salt pipe for catarrh.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Nov 2019 13:23

Yes supposed to be for lessening the effects of a cold. I did buy some a while back but have not used it and now have a cold but, bearing in mind what Elizabeth says (thank you), I will just continue to suffer the cold.

Barbra

Barbra Report 7 Nov 2019 13:46

Ann I have a nasel spray antihistamine really does help ask your pharmacist

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Nov 2019 17:05

Thanks Barbra

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Nov 2019 18:59

Menthol crystals... literally about 3 or 4 with boiling water poured over them or alternatively a few drops of Olbas Oil also with boiling water on them make good inhalations for helping the symptoms of a cold.

I sometimes just leave a bowl of either of these in the living room, while sitting of an evening.. This is not so direct, but also helps with the congested feeling.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Nov 2019 19:40

Thanks Gwyn. I use Olbas oil at night a drop on the pillow.