General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Culinary Thrombosis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 7 Nov 2019 21:15

Yesterday morning after finishing my daily visit to this site I headed for the kitchen to prepare an ox-tongue for cooking.

Got out the pressure cooker (electric), rinsed the tongue and roughly chopped a couple of onions, a couple of carrots and a couple of sticks of celery.

Duly put all the ingredients into the 'inner' insert of the pressure cooker, set the menu and timer and walked away feeling proud of myself.

A few minutes later I had to go back into the kitchen when I noticed that the inner container of the PC, which I had lovingly prepared, was still sitting on the work bench.

I had forgotten to put the bl**dy thing in the cooker.

Culinary thrombosis, also known as a clot in the kitchen!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Nov 2019 23:15

:-D :-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Nov 2019 23:55

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 Nov 2019 08:52

:-D :-D :-D I did not know that, now I have a name for my complaint ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 8 Nov 2019 11:53

Easy to diagnose, LaGooner, by the number of burnt pans, raw tongues etc ;-) :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 8 Nov 2019 12:11

Last Christmas morning, I put the turkey in the oven & went to the pub for a few pints.

Returned home at 2pm anticipating a nice turkey dinner.

I opened the oven door & there stood the turkey in the middle of the roasting tin.

He was in a bit of a huff! "Either light the bloody gas or give me my feathers - it's freezing in here"!

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Nov 2019 12:37

:-) :-) a bit Tongue in Cheek this Thread ;-) :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Nov 2019 16:14

I once put the water and stuff in the bread maker pan and the flour straight into the machine while the pan was waiting by the sink.

Allan

Allan Report 8 Nov 2019 21:04

It seems that culinary thromboses are more common than expected ;-)

Barbra, perhaps that should be tongue-n-cheek as beef cheeks are great done in the pressure cooker :-D :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 Nov 2019 21:31

How CUD you :-D :-D x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Nov 2019 21:57

My sister is the only person I know who used to constantly burn boiled eggs :-S

If she mentions she's had a boiled egg - I (naturally) ask how many pans has she burnt and how many eggs did it take to 'create' one boiled egg!

Allan

Allan Report 8 Nov 2019 22:01

OH has managed the impossible by burning water :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Nov 2019 00:40

OH has exploded eggs when boiling them .................. not just once, but twice

the kitchen looked lovely decorated with little yellow splodges

and 2 pans went to the dump.