General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What an Anti-climax!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 29 Nov 2019 22:12

We get our internet from BT and a couple of weeks ago decided to upgrade to fibre broadband. After a very long phone call it was all sorted and an engineer appointment arranged tor this afternoon, between 1pm and 6pm.

We were told to make sure someone would be there to let him in.

3 days ago we had an email from BT to remind us of his visit, with lots of instructions including one telling us not to attempt to connect our new hub but to let the engineer do it.

2 days ago we had an automated phone call telling us the same thing.

Yesterday we had another email reminding us etc etc.

Today, at 1 minute past 1pm we had a email to say that Anthony, the engineer, was "just round the corner".

Then we had another automated phone call etc etc.

By 6pm there was still no sign of him, so OH rang the contact no. After a bit he rang back and said the job had been done from outside the house and it was all complete!!

And the hub, which we weren't to touch?? He said we could plug it in ourselves,which is what we had intended to do anyway, until told not to!!
:-| :-|

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Nov 2019 22:34

....so you didn't have to stay in at all!
I'd demand the money I'd lost from not working, back!

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Nov 2019 10:16

I hadn't thought of that one. OH was cross because it was a lovely day and he wanted to get out in the garden - without having to stop and come in if I called him for the engineer.

At least it is all working as it should.