General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Christmas presents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2019 00:53

Okay, so who else has a neighbour, (in a terraced house) with a son at art college, who appears to have bought 'beloved son' a wood carving kit?

Yesterday, the hammering went on for 4 hours.
Not sure what it was, I suggested (very loudly) that perhaps screws would be better.
I've laid laminate flooring - too much hammering.
A friend who used to be a carpenter came around today - the hammering started again (and the rest of next door went out). Friend couldn't work out what carpentry job would require that amount of incessant hammering - then he said 'wood carving'.
I checked with my sister - more hammering when I was on the phone to her tonight, so I let her listen - she's done wood carving and agreed that was what it sounded like.

Now, this family have an (illegal) two skin insulated 'shed' (covered in wood to look like a wooden building - with a wood burning stove) in their garden - oh, and an industrial spotlight that shines into my back bedroom window.
As far as I can see, all they have are 2 computers in the 'shed' (I wondered why - apparently, according to 2 locals, they run a business - also illegal)
Why can't 'beloved son', do his carving out there?

Caroline

Caroline Report 29 Dec 2019 02:11

Sounds very annoying, wish there was something you could do..

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2019 02:21

Well, there are one or two things.
1. Ask them if 'beloved boy' could do his artwork in their illegal shed (they are aware I know it's illegal - he was well peed off when I informed him I knew about planning permission)
2. Just report the bar stewards! :-D :-D
3. Get a neighbour to report them. :-D :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Dec 2019 07:40

Our daughter had a new neighbour move in across from them

The house was sideways on to their frontage as it was cul de sac and walkway design housing development

Bloke put security lights on the side of the house as well as the back so it lit two sides of the house up

Darn things would go on and off and light the area up like an airport runway

Several neighbours complained to him and one nearly came to blows over it
But the guy wouldn’t budge over them , didn’t bother him as he worked from home over night and slept during the day

When daughter and hubby went to bed in the front bedroom the room would light up and go off constantly and would stop her dropping off or wake them both up

Complaints fell on deaf ears so she reported him to the environmental health at the council and he was made to disable them

Sharron

Sharron Report 29 Dec 2019 13:52

Sit it out. He will only carve the one thing and that will not be finished. Then it can go into the other shed.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Dec 2019 14:23

:-D :-D :-D :-D