General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roy Hudd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2020 12:03

It is reported on FB that he has died.

I worked on the taxi rank at Chichester station when he was appearing at Festival Theatre in Underneath the Arches. (i've had him in my cab!)

He always looked so gormless in photographs and on the television and I camera does lie. He was real eye candy!

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 16 Mar 2020 12:14

It's on the BBC and announced on a radio station near you Sharron - Angel Radio.

He was 83.

Loved the News Huddlines very funny.

RIP Roy <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 16 Mar 2020 12:34

Such a lovely funny man. R.I.P. roy.

Island

Island Report 16 Mar 2020 13:24

Sharron, I worked on that same show! :-0 :-D Lovely man.

RIP Roy <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Mar 2020 13:27

<3 <3 <3 <3 RIP

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2020 13:33

Island,you may have been in my taxi!

Island

Island Report 16 Mar 2020 13:37

You mean you didn't recognize me? :-0 :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2020 13:41

Are you Christopher Timothy?

Island

Island Report 16 Mar 2020 13:54

LOL! It was on that show that he met his now wife. She was on SM, not that I'm one to gossip.
As I made a number of trips to and from Chich station I could well have been in your cab. Bloomin ages ago though, before '86 I'm sure.
They had some proper luvvies at Chich but I'm not name dropping - unless pushed LOL

Sharron

Sharron Report 16 Mar 2020 14:04

I was told, by him, that I didn't know where Christopher Timothy lived, at the end of Apuldram Lane with Annie Swatton.

I think they have moved now but they lived by the Ferry on the Selsey Rd for years.

Allan J Lerner was there too, wasn't he? He married Liz Robertson at that time I believe.

Linda

Linda Report 16 Mar 2020 15:01

So sad to hear this loved him in the street

R I P ROY <3