General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tesco message

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Mar 2020 15:12

From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.
In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.
To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock, and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm.
To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can, to pay by card.
To help free up slots for the more vulnerable, such as our elderly customers and those who are self-isolating, we are encouraging customers who shop online or choose Click+Collect for their grocery home shopping, to prioritise shopping in-store where possible.
To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop in-store, we will prioritise one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am (except in our Express stores) and ask that you respect this.

Tesco store colleagues can't work from home and a good number of them will need to respond to personal or family challenges connected with dealing with COVID-19. So we would please ask that you understand the challenging environment in which we are all working. If you do go in-store and want to say thank you, then I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

So, if you could help us by limiting demand of essential items and allowing us to focus on the core needs of our customers – we are confident that we can continue to feed the nation. We are delivering food daily to our stores, but this is a very challenging time and we will only get through this if we work togethe

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 18 Mar 2020 23:43

Thanks for the info Ann. Tried finding details on-line earlier today, but must have pressed the wrong key. Also tried phoning but through to automated voice giving loads os choices, none of which applied to me... got fed up and rang off when they said something about "press 9"

Have local Asda and Tesco supermarkets and use both 9not on the same day). Will be checking delivery service they both have to offer tomorrow. Meanwhile I will be trying to shop in the old fashioned way.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 19 Mar 2020 07:09

I've had emails in similar vein from Sainsburys, Morrison, Asda and Waitrose as well as a couple of non-grocery stores.

Mention was made about setting aside an hour or so when they open for over-70s and those shopping for any over-70.

One mentioned they were setting aside early delivery slots for the over-70s.

Edit: For example, from today, the first hour 8 until 9 am in Sainsbury and early delivery slots forelderly and incapacitated.

Our water board has also emailed too.

Some are stepping up to the plate quick smart!

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 19 Mar 2020 08:49

Sainsbury’s is the first hour of opening, at our local that is 7-8 am. Tesco is setting aside 9-10 am Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Not sure how they police it though. Perhaps we’ll have to show a birth certificate or a doctor’s letter, lol.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 19 Mar 2020 10:05

Ha, Vera. If I were to go myself I would not need any proof other than someone looking at me. :-D