General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Been shopping this morning

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Mar 2020 14:36

Sainsbury’s emailed me with info on online shopping and concerns over 70 were having shopping so designated this morning for 7am to 8am for over 70,s

Was manic but did get around and shop and got most of my normal items .some were restricted to 2 or 3 but that was ok

Took bee ages though to go through a checkout. My back didn’t like all the standing and got increasingly painful but eventually they opened more checkouts and it was go through

What I did find a bit galling was obvious couples each having a trolley so doubling up on what the max was for each shopper

Yes two may eat more than one but things like trays of chicken and beef for casseroles are family packs anyway

I did though buy a 24 pack of felix cat food and a big pack of the purina he eats because he won’t understand why he isn’t being fed cos mum couldn’t get his food

I really didn’t want to go out as I do have a cold but its a head cold and I have had it for two weeks so not the virus!

But living on my own ,and Sainsbury’s not doing online orders for delivery till April it’s was I HAVE to do a shop

It’s done now so I am hibernating now !!

Unlucky though it’s my birthday on Sunday and my daughter had booked a meal at our local beefeater for my birthday and Mother’s Day

It’s been cancelled but we will do a FaceTime connection on Sunday

Have just had a lovely present delivered with wine and chocolates for my birthday

Von

Von Report 19 Mar 2020 14:57

Pleased you were able to get the things you needed Shirley.

Sorry to hear about the birthday meal but it will be good to connect on face time.

Take care and hope you feel better soon <3

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Mar 2020 15:48

Glad you were able to get your shopping and it's a good idea limiting things. Right now at my regular store it's max 2 for all items...which stops hoarding though you just come back again and again...BUT...doesn't help if you're shopping for 5 adults...so it's a situation where there's always going to be some "losing out".

Maddie

Maddie Report 19 Mar 2020 16:06

so glad you got your shopping and sorry about your birthday.
Just think you can get tipsy and put on 2lb in one go :-)

i can't get to any shops so sent the son out to local shops for a few essentials.
what a joke, the mob was out, stripped the not very cheap butchers out, cleaned out the bakers and some were even having a go at each othe in the street.. Managed to get a loaf of bread, ham and tomatoes. I really am getting worried about ggetting essentials. Boots is also closing down except for prescriptions. I still have 5 weeks of tablets but am wondering if i should try order my next batch now.i dont want to stockpile

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 19 Mar 2020 16:32

I had a pleasant surprise this morning. I usually do my weekly shop at the supermarket in the town, but we have a mini-mart in the village. It is more expensive than the supermarkets, and has a lot less choice because of its size.

I had to go to the village to the post office, so I had a look in the grocers. They had pasta!!! and tinned meats of various kinds!!! I congratulated the owner and he said they try to do what they can.

I also noticed, both in the shops and outside, that people were keeping well separated, and chatting across a big gap. All very civilised, compared with what others are saying on here and also what is reported in the press.

Good luck everyone - stay well. :-) :-)