General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coronavirus and Computers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 19 Mar 2020 20:42

Amazingly, since the dramatic increase of COVID-19 worldwide, it appears that my computer has become immune from virus attacks as I have not received one phone call about them anymore

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Mar 2020 20:59

aren't you lucky!!

It hasn't worked for me :-(

Allan

Allan Report 19 Mar 2020 21:06

:-D :-D :-D

I suppose that I'm tempting fate with this post, Sylvia :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 19 Mar 2020 21:47

I've had the same idiot (or poorly paid person who took the only job he could) phone me for the third time about the insulation I 'recently had put into my loft'
Previously, I've suggested he phone my landlord, and I put the phone down.
Today I had a conversation. Well, he told me about my insulation.
My response 'and...'
Him - more talking
me:'and...' - after a while this appeared to flummox him.
Eventually I (yet again) said,'I am a tenant, I can't do anything, do you want my landlords number.
He put the phone down.

.....but that's not my computer

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Mar 2020 08:12

Seems to be nothing wrong with my computer either, but came home yesterday to find a message on my ansaphone.
The start if the message hadn’t recorded but the voice was a elderly man, I think he was trying to get me to invest my post brexit funds. Can,t wait for another call just to see if I understood it.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Mar 2020 20:06

We keep getting phone calls telling us variations on the me "Your Visa Master Card ................ "

I hang up immediately cos neither of us has a Visa Master Card so it must be a scam :-D

OH just has to listen to it to see what else she is going to say!

They come in sometimes 2 or 3 times a day :-|