General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Registering Births and Deaths now.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Mar 2020 10:23

Libraries here are closed.
Many share their premises with a Registration Office.

I don't need to know, but wonder what will happen about registering life's events during this current crisis.

Island

Island Report 20 Mar 2020 11:02

Maternity hospitals and coroners office?

I guess no big weddings either. Although churches could do quiet family ones maybe.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 20 Mar 2020 11:17

C of E has already said only 5 people at a church wedding i.e bride, groom, 2 witnesses and priest. I think when this is all over a lot of people will be having “renewing vows” ceremonies and parties.

Dermot

Dermot Report 20 Mar 2020 11:22

This reminds me of the tale concerning the birth of my young sister.

Proud dad cycled 10 miles to have her birth registered. Congratulated by the official registrar and "what name will the new child be given".

Dad was stumped - he couldn't remember the name he & mum had agreed. So, back home again on the bike with great haste to refresh his memory. (Expletives deleted!) :-|

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Mar 2020 14:16

We are thinking that maybe we should do a civil partnership in case one of us dies.(His pension,my tenancy!)

We probably won't get around to it but our registrar shares premises with the record office.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Mar 2020 14:27

A cracking idea, Sharron.

We never know what life might throw at us and better to be safe than sorry.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Mar 2020 14:28

Lovely funny story, Dermot.

:-D

Linda

Linda Report 20 Mar 2020 16:33

When I had my children in the 70s the register came into the hospital and mother registered the baby surely they could come in again wearing masks that would be a way around it just a idea