General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Soft close?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 21 Mar 2020 22:51

We have a soft close toilet seat but I don’t see the point because you have to start them off, same with cupboard doors and draws so the point is???

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 Mar 2020 23:44

Well at least you don't have to hold onto the underside to keep them from slamming into the porcelain. ;-)

And ... there is a small chance that the himselfs among us will be more likely to do the one-touch thing than to complete the entire process. I have found that, since having one (soft-close seat, not the user of it), anyway.

Of course, not long after I replaced the upstairs and downstairs hobbit-height toilets that were there when we moved in with proper-height ones with those self-same self-close seats ... himself just broke the upstairs one off its hinges anyhow.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Mar 2020 11:02

Sort of agree there ...while hinges are meant to hinge, sometimes they are not robust enough for load bearing...

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 22 Mar 2020 19:19

Bobtanian, the first one we had didn’t last long because hinges weren’t good, the current one is better, I think it is a selling point, hubby likes them but the toilet seat is always up. :-( When he is anywhere else he thinks that that one is soft close too and if it isn’t it slams down lol.

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Mar 2020 13:24

You know they can't think of anything else when their willy is involved!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 23 Mar 2020 14:25

Lol Sharron, that’s the part of men’s anatomy where all the decisions are made.

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Mar 2020 12:45

Water rates in Devon are expensive. To stave off customer complaints, South West Water came up with a solution of sorts.

While having your morning shower, you could use the same facility to have your first pee of the day . It became known as ‘Go with the flow’.

Please excuse me now because I’m dying for a shower.