General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Visiting children

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 22 Mar 2020 13:26

OH has decided he is going to go into Sainsbury's tomorrow to do his job while he still can so I rang around the elderly who live alone in the village to see if they wanted anything.

They didn't answer the phone,their visiting children did. The son of one is a GP!

Barbra

Barbra Report 22 Mar 2020 15:10

Oh well Sharron you tried your best . :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Mar 2020 22:46

My children messaged me, and phoned me as did my ex.
It was one of my grandson's birthday yesterday - no party or outing for him :-(

My sister managed to speak to her children - eventually.
One is in Dubai, and she can't 'skype' from there so they all had to download something that is allowed in Dubai. :-S

I shall be walking into town tomorrow to get out some cash - daughter is ordering some cat food for me, to be delivered with her online shopping. Daughter leaves it on the doorstep - she works for the NHS, and wants to make sure she doesn't infect me with anything.
If it's not too busy in town, I shall get a few 'essentials'.
If it's busy, I'll try on Tuesday.

Caroline

Caroline Report 23 Mar 2020 00:33

For once my Mum had no visitors for Mothers day or lunch out, she did get flowers delivered numerous times but each time they put them by the door rang the bell and time she answered they were back from the door. She's had phone calls from all of us instead of visits today.

Sharron

Sharron Report 23 Mar 2020 13:04

I would have loved an excuse to play Knock Down Ginger when I was a delivery driver.

Now, I am not saying I didn't do it anyway!