General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

From Dr. Silping Wong

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 22 Mar 2020 22:22

Hi Everyone,
I just want to let you know that we are in a very serious situation with COVID. It is going to be a tough next few weeks and I’m urging you all to lock it down and not live life as you normally do.
The hospital and Emergency Department is going to be a much different service than it has been in the past. They are amping up for what is going to hit us like a tidal wave.
I know that this is very surreal and that some are thinking,” I’m healthy,.. I won’t get sick. If I get sick, it won’t be that bad. It’s the older population that is going to have it the worst”,… but the really serious situation that no one is talking about is that, if all the older population gets sick and ties up our emergency department, beds and ventilators,… what happens when our kid has a ruptured appendix,.. what happens when some 20 year old gets into a car accident and needs to be intubated,.. what happens when we break our femur and need an urgent operation,… NOTHING,.. because all the ventilators are being utilized by the population that are admitted to hospital from COVID.
It isn’t COVID we need to worry about, it is the shutting down of our hospital services that will get bogged down by this.
Please, please, I urge you to be very diligent: go outside and enjoy the outdoors( but away from others), stay away from social gatherings, stay at home except to get food, medicine and gas,…
What else do we really, really need to be doing besides preserve our population…
Please pass this on to others, as I am not on any social media, but want to get the message out to the community that doesn’t understand what is coming. I wish I had sent this out a week ago, but I assumed that everyone else knew.

--------------------------------------------------

Its spooky around my neighbourhood, almost no cars around or people walking around.

Allan

Allan Report 22 Mar 2020 22:45

And still some wont listen :-|

Stay safe, RMS :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 23 Mar 2020 00:44

Thanks Shy!

Hope you and your family are coping and will stay safe and well. Keep in touch when you can

Lizxx