General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hairdressers and Barbers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Mar 2020 15:24

I don't spend much on myself, but one of my "treats" since retiring is a weekly trip to the hairdresser. Yesterday she rang up to say they were closing for the duration.

So, OH is going to learn how to "help" me do my own hair (quite difficult since I have an arthritic shoulder) and in return I am going to learn how to cut the back of his hair. He can reach the front and sides himself.

Should be interesting!

What are other people going to do? :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Mar 2020 15:29

I just attacked the lawn with the mower!!

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 24 Mar 2020 15:31

Mine's just a fairly boring short bob, so will just let it grow and trim my own fringe. Will colour it if I get really fed up with it! OH will maybe turn into an aged rocker as he has a good head of hair still.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Mar 2020 16:15

What am I going to do? Invest in a lot of hair grips :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Mar 2020 16:16

Mine was cut extra short last week so I shall just let it grow. It will be like a bush after 6 weeks let alone 12.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Mar 2020 16:17

I have mine coloured cut and blow dried every six weeks

Usually it’s the roots coloured and then the colour combed through .

Whilst the colour takes I have a manicure

It’s my treat to me !

So last wed I had an appointment and they rang to ask if I was coming in as lots were cancelling. I said yes even though I have a snuffle but it’s not the lurgy

Said I had wondered if I should and was going to ring to ask. Yes please come was the reply

About ten minutes later my manicurist rang to ask would I reschedule as one of the girls is pregnant and they didn’t want to take the chance

So now they are closed for the duration and I have a fine array of grey roots !

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Mar 2020 17:29

We usually go every twelve weeks or so and went last Friday because I thought that it would benefit nobody to come out the other end looking like Rasputin.

Having had a crew cut for years and, of course, no hair for quite a long time, I now have a bob. It is very strange to me to have to brush my hair again.

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Mar 2020 17:35

Homer Simpson's hair style has some followers.

Annx

Annx Report 24 Mar 2020 17:54

Mine is very short and has lowlights and needs a cut every 7 weeks and I last went a fortnight ago. I was thinking a quiff and DA at first and then I could make some scrunchies to put on a small nape of the neck ponytail! :-) OH is fine as he doesn't have much hair and I have always gone over his with a No4 setting. :-)

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 Mar 2020 19:43

My hair is short only had it cut a couple of weeks ago so it will have to grow until hairdresser opens up again .lovely silver colour just now :-) men have the right idea shave it off .then just wash & go ;-) Barbara

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2020 20:26

I missed going for my usual 2 monthly cut because I wasn't well, and hadn't rescheduled it before our salons were closed last week.

It's gong to be pretty long by the time they re-open, which I fear is going to be a lot longer than the end of April!

I'll have to trim my fringe myself!

Caroline

Caroline Report 25 Mar 2020 01:46

We'll soon know what everyone real hair colour is...

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 25 Mar 2020 01:48

I had 2 inches cut off the length of my hair when I was in SherIngham and don't have a fringe or co!our treatment but other half usually gets a head shave and beard trim every three weeks so I am going to have to get his old razor out and have ago myself lol

Lizx

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Mar 2020 03:04

Caroline .............

I let mine go grey then silver years ago. I decided to grow old gracefully, and hadn't coloured my hair since the late 60s anyway!

Funny thing though .............. my eyebrows were always much paler than my hair colour, but they haven't lost any colour. So now they stand out much more than they ever did before.

I don't have to use eyebrow pencil any more! :-D

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Mar 2020 10:51

Morning we will all look different after a few weeks not having our hair done could set some new trends I let mine go silver some time ago & Short it can look nice, rather have a good head of silver than very fine coloured .Think of the money we are saving :-) Barbara( still have dark eyelashes & brows all natural :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 26 Mar 2020 11:28

think you can all have a teenage ponytail again and swish or try a new look beehive.styles of your youth.

Barbra

Barbra Report 26 Mar 2020 11:54

I had a hot perm in my silly youth my late Mum & I went together we both looked like what can I say apart from it was very curly we laughed about it years later but we were trendy :-D

David

David Report 26 Mar 2020 12:48

I have a hair dresser call every other moth, gives me a hair cut and does

wants done with hers. A good service for a reasonable price. Mine's going white,

but it's better than being bald. I can cut my finger nails, but need help with the toes.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 Mar 2020 19:39

David .................. you might be like the rest of us. Are you sure the hairdresser will still come to the house?

Are you not self-isolating?l