General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TODAY I HAVE FROZEN MY EGGS !!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dea

Dea Report 27 Mar 2020 14:53

Please excuse a little light-heartedness in these very sad and serious times but I have been taking things very responsibly and not over-buying or going out etc. and I have even been more aware over the past several days that I (like many others nowadays) waste such a lot of food.............

SO - rather that throw away that milk, eggs and yoghurt which would all soon be out of date and thrown in the bin, I decided to freeze them all.

However, I wasn't sure how to go about freezing the eggs so looked on the internet for info.

I was puzzled to see several posts asking things like 'Can I freeze my eggs at 42' etc and I thought 'what a stupid question, why should your age matter - I am going on 70 !!) But I then realised that they were all talking about their own 'making baby eggs' and their future fertility !!!!!! ;-) :-D :-D

It did make me laugh, just for a little moment and I hope it might do the same for someone else on here??

Love to all <3 <3 <3

Dea x

Island

Island Report 27 Mar 2020 15:01

LOL! :-D :-D

keep 'em coming :-D

Btw...…. did you get to freeze your chuckie eggs?

Dea

Dea Report 27 Mar 2020 15:19

Yes I did !! - I just broke them into individual spaces in a cake / muffin baking tray and froze them then I took them out of the tray and sealed them in a plastic zippy bag !!
(It helps that my muffin tray was one of those bendy silicone ones that I have had in the cupboard for probably 10 years but have never used as it was too bendy !!) Anyway, If you only have the ordinary cake baking trays just line them with cling film and the eggs will come out just as easily when frozen.

By the way, the texture of the yolk changes slightly so not wonderful if you are wanting a fried egg but they are perfectly o.k. to use for baking or scrambled eggs !!!

Dea x

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Mar 2020 15:35

I thought I read somewhere you needed to whisk them up before freezing...they never last long enough in our house to worry about freezing them!

I had a loaf of bread that was too salty to eat; not my usual brand; rather than waste it made a Brown Betty of sorts eg I'd didn't follow the recipe totally :-) turned out okay much better than wasting it...layer of bread chunks..fruit..sugar until all used up.

Barbra

Barbra Report 27 Mar 2020 15:41

You would have made history there it's surprising what can go in your freezer ;-) :-D

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Mar 2020 17:31

Never heard about freezing eggs before. What a great tip. Thanks Dea :-)