General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cooking a sponge mixture

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 28 Mar 2020 17:39

Can I bake sponge mixture in a small loaf tin? I got rid of all my cake tins some time ago.
Thanks for any advice.
Phyll

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 Mar 2020 17:41

Yes Phyll you can. I do it all the time as we like the square shaped slices. I do fruit and Lemon Drizzle in them too :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2020 17:41

Can't see why not.

Give it a go.

Barbra

Barbra Report 28 Mar 2020 18:54

You can use loaf tin make all different kind .ginger .fruit .lemon cake .cherry just dust fruit in flour. before adding as they could sink to the bottom. you probably know this enjoy .Barbara. :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Mar 2020 19:39

Don’t forget you might need to adjust the cooking time.

Phyll

Phyll Report 28 Mar 2020 20:52

OH Lord
Adjust cooking time, up or down. am a lousy cake maker. I made a victoria frisby once Mu girls made me promise never to try again. Thanks to all for advice
Phyll

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 Mar 2020 20:54

Cook it a little longer Phyll but just keep an eye on it :-D

MillymollyAmanda

MillymollyAmanda Report 28 Mar 2020 21:00

Fan oven 160 bake for about 45 minutes

Caroline

Caroline Report 28 Mar 2020 22:25

I often throw some fruit in the bottom of a pan and then pour sponge over the top, just cook until it springs back like you would in a cake tin. Enjoy.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 28 Mar 2020 22:30

I always make carrot cake in a loaf tin :-D