General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Din

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Apr 2020 11:39

Five o'clock this morning, there was some sort of machinery being used on the nursery behind us.

Back in real life days, it would not have been particularly noticeable and I would have just gone back to sleep but, this morning, it might just as well have been a volcanic eruption. I heard a dog barking in the distance last evening and that felt very intrusive too.

I love this quiet!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 27 Apr 2020 11:52

I love the quiet too Sharron. No cars starting up while I'm still trying to sleep.

Friday morning the bin lorry came round at 7.30am and they decided to collect the bottles and cans first. I think a lot of people must be drinking a lot more at home because the noise was tremendous and woke me up with such a jump!!

Kath. x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Apr 2020 14:56

The bin men collected bottles around here on Friday, too, Kathleen! :-| :-|

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Apr 2020 15:16

They must have a big round.

A big ,round what, I don't know.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 27 Apr 2020 15:38

Do any of you live near Heathrow? I imagine they notice a difference :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Apr 2020 15:46

I don't live near Heathrow, but do live by the M3.
For some unknown reason, about 10 years ago, they re-routed planes from Southampton to follow the route of the M3, so those in Southampton had less noise!
I mean, the airport has been in Southampton for years - it was there when people moved there - why do they think those of us who don't live by an airport want their noise?

Anyway, the firm that used the M3 route most were Flybe.
Since their collapse - peace :-D :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 Apr 2020 18:13

The skies are so quiet that it is really strange when you can hear something coming. I can’t remember if I heard the light aircraft from Blackbushe on Saturday. Apparrently it’s flght path read NHS.