General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This too will pass

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Apr 2020 12:55

All around us we are seeing the best and the worst of people at the moment and, like most of you I expect, I have ups and downs about the current situation.

Some of us have front line, key and essential workers in our families whom we worry about and can only pray and hope that, while rising to the occasion, they remain safe.

Some of us have lost family and friends and, at this particularly difficult time, may feel upset that they can't have the send-off you feel they deserve.

Some of us are missing that close contact we have with family and friends, those hugs, laughs, shared meals and general camaraderie.

..... so, for everyone who is missing anyone, some lovely lyrics:

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I can offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one there to dry your tears
Oh I hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

(Adele)

Island

Island Report 27 Apr 2020 13:01

Well said Joy <3

I'd like to add - some of us are scared of 'high risk' loved ones being infected. How long before they are safe?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 27 Apr 2020 13:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAR_Ff5A8Rk

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 27 Apr 2020 13:19

<3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 27 Apr 2020 13:43

<3 <3 <3

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 Apr 2020 13:53

Operation Fanacht is to commence shortly to prevent residents travelling across the country in advance of the May bank holiday weekends. :-S

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 Apr 2020 13:55

That too, Island. <3

Another song for everyone today, Rollo. <3

The worst of people, Dermot. :-(

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 27 Apr 2020 14:43

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 lovely words Joy.