General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Face masks & extender strips

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jun 2020 17:54

As many on here know I WEAR HEARING AIDS. I FIND FACE MASKS DIFFICULT TO WEAR ZS THE OVER EAR ELASTIC INTERFERES WITH GHE BEHIND THE EAR AIDS. HOWEVER I have found a solution that helps. I have managed to acquire the small extender strips with two buttons on that are worn by medical staff to prevent their ears getting sore. The elastic attaches to the buttons and does not go ove the ears.

Sorry about the capitals I can’t go back and change it now.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 10 Jun 2020 22:43

Glad you found a solution Ann, I might try something like that with my cotton masks as I find the elastic irritates.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 11 Jun 2020 08:38

I’m glad you’ve found a solution to suit you Ann. I don’t have hearing aids but thinking that elastic round the ears might get uncomfortable I got masks with elastic that goes round the back of the head. Now I’ve made an appointment for a haircut in July I’ve got to buy or make a mask with ear loops as the hairdresser can work round those. You can’t win can you?

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Jun 2020 08:43

My big worry is trying to remember to remove my hearing aids before the Barber is let loose - assuming I'll manage to get an appointment sometime this year.

Do you hear me? :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2020 09:26

Dermot yes when I go to the hairdressers, I always have my hair washed first so it is, glasses off, hearing aids out and safely put away, switched off so they don't whistle. And then if she wants to discuss anything she has to remember to move round to where I can see her.

When finished the strips need to be 6 inches long and about one to one and a half wide, they are double if material but can also be crochet. buttons need to be about half an inch diameter

My OH has found it easier to use the strips as well.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2020 09:28

If you put into google search 'extender masks for attaching face masks' lots of patterns, videos on how to make them come up.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 11 Jun 2020 13:28

I am glad you got sorted out Ann

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2020 15:52

Yes glad it is sorted from the comfort point of view, still not sure about communicating if the thicker, heavier masks are used. Material one are not quite so bad.