General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Alagiah BBC News.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 11 Jun 2020 10:51

George has been told his cancer has spread he seems a Gentleman & lovely man hope he can keep .positive. sending best wishes to him & family <3 Barbara

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 11 Jun 2020 18:26

He is/was a governor of my old school. I believe his daughter went there. Mind you, I probably left there before he was born. Other alumni, Brucie Forsythe and Larry Lamb, East Enders actor.

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Jun 2020 13:46

Saying on the web he is not in life threatening situation but another set back during his illness why do good people get this awful thing young & old Take Care All affected x

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jun 2020 00:48

It's so unfair that decent people get so many things thrown at them yet thugs and evil people sail through life with no ailments. Karma goes in the wrong direction sometimes.

George has always been so pleasant and dignified. It's sad that the cancer has spread. I am sure he will have lots of love and support but he shouldn't have to cope with such a horrible illness.

Lizx

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 14 Jun 2020 06:32

I have only admiration love and respect for this wonderful man.

Barbra

Barbra Report 19 Aug 2020 18:09

George is reading BBC news tonight he looks alright God Love him hope he continues to keep well Barbara :-)

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 20 Aug 2020 04:06

Oh darn, I missed him. I hope he can have more time with his family and friends, he''s such a nice man.

Lizx

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 20 Aug 2020 09:33

I saw him and thought he looked thinner in the face,but he seemed his pleasant self otherwise.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Aug 2020 09:35

Yes how very sad, A very pleasant man who doesnt deserve this. Plenty of nasty people in this world who should suffer but they don't. Yes karma does go the wrong way sometimes, so unfair!

I hope he will be around for awhile yet so his family can apprreciate the precious time he has left.

Florence in the hebrides

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 21 Aug 2020 10:02

George read the 6 O'clockk news last evening( Thursday) :-)