General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How is everyone?.....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 11 Jun 2020 11:23

Hi everyone, how are you all?? Hope you are all coping with the virus situation. We are ok with that, like most people dont get out other than to get food. I try twiddling with crafts and keep up with family via phone or video.

Take care stay safe..

jude xx

Island

Island Report 11 Jun 2020 11:47

Jude! :-D :-D
lovely to see you posting.
Ok here but still grounded. I think I'll look back and wish I'd done something arty crafty every day but hey ho, doing a bit when the mood takes.
Online food shopping is a whole new experience :-0
Take care

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 Jun 2020 12:55

I'm frustrated at the multitude of apologies in the media from the great & lesser mortals over some misconstrued comment or, God help us all, being of doubtful character in public particularly when nearby photographers appear to spoil & split up the embarrassing episode.

Finally, I apologise for this worthless rant of reckless irreverence! Hope it does't reach Fleet Street. A nice day otherwise.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Jun 2020 14:27

Hello Jude,

Good to see you.
Gardening and short walks have kept me busy lately and it was lovely to meet up with a friend, this week and take a different route. We could chat, but still keep the required distance apart.
I haven't been in a shop since 21st March, so it will seem strange once I venture out shopping again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Jun 2020 14:45

Hi Jude

We are both fine been at home for 12 weeks Saturday as Instructed at the beginning of lockdown both of us being over 70 (and some). In the past two weeks we have been for a couple of two mile walks and have visited a couple of small garden centres. Those are the only shops we have been in. Groceries are mostly on line. I have been totally unable to get a Tesco slot but our son has manged three slots so far, strange when he is in M Keynes. I have to send DiL the list and she enters in and pays for it and I send her the money. convoluted but it seems to work. Son stays up until midnight most nights so finds it easy to get slots then.
Yesterday for the first time since the start of lockdown T played nine holes of golf and he is supposed to be playing again tomorrow.

good to hear that you are both OK.
<3 <3

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 11 Jun 2020 20:27

Dear Jude

A pleasure to say hello to you.

Trying to muddle through as usual.

Take very gentle and good care of yourself
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jun 2020 01:09

Wow, Jude! Lovely to see you posting again! I am glad you are staying safe and managing to fill your days.

Keep on twiddling.

Love
Lizxx

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 13 Jun 2020 22:38

Lovely to hear from all of you... :)

Purple....l will try to keep on twiddling...lol

EOS.... Take good care of yourself too..

Ann...wow 2 mile walks, good for you both, Vic likes walking, not me..lol..and 9 holes of golf, good for you T... :)

Gwyn... we go to Waitrose, Aldi's and our local shops,local shops would'nt let anyone in for a while, they sorted your shopping, but now we can go in. We sometimes walk through Abergavenny, its always empty so not probs. Big stores usually have gel,wipes etc..

Dermot...thank you...:)

Island... Yes online shopping is a whole new experience,my daughter had to help us,, go out and get our own now... :)

Take care..xx