General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today (12 June) would have been ........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 12 Jun 2020 07:59

My mother was born on 12th June 1920 so today would have been her 100th birthday.

She was mother to four children, and all four of us (plus son-in-law) had plans to go out together to celebrate her life.

We have so many happy and amusing memories of her.

Mum was the one who bought me me first computer and taught me to send emails and use the internet.

She would have been enthralled by all the ffamily history research that I've done since she died.

This lovely lady died in February 2003, so didn't get to see where her generosity and guidence led.

Since she died she has had four more great grandchildren.
What a shame that they didn't get to know her: =

Kitty Thomas 1920-2003.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Jun 2020 08:36

Thinking of you as you remember your mum on this significant day.

Treasure those wonderful memories and tell the next generations about this special lady, who inspired you so much.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 12 Jun 2020 09:10

Thanks Gwyn

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 12 Jun 2020 11:07

Thinking of you on this special day. Your mum sounds a wonderful lady and you should cherish your happy memories. She’s never gone away, she’ll always be there in your heart.

One of my granddaughters is 20 today so would have been born on your mum’s 80th birthday.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 13 Jun 2020 01:02

What lovely memories on this special date. Your Mum sounds wonderful and I hope you can get together soon, just later than planned.

Lizx

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 13 Jun 2020 19:52

Dear Tess

Hello

Your mum would be very proud of you.

Take gentle care and travel safely
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx