General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who remembers when...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Jun 2020 12:42

If you made a mistake you took e blame and apologised maybe reluctantly, these days people push blame onto someone else.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 19 Jun 2020 12:57

Yep, if I make an ear'ole of it I will hold my hand up. Not too proud.

Agree with Mistycat, I bought my kids up to say sorry too.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Jun 2020 14:01

Hubby was called out to fix a breakdown, nothing broke, the item wasn’t plugged in so 600 mile round trip and no apology cost that manager £500.
Pride comes before a fall. :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Jun 2020 19:54

it makes life so much easier if you can apologize when you are wrong.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Jun 2020 20:19

I say sorry often, in acknowledgement that I've said or done something wrong ........ OH sometimes says I admit blame far too often!!

However, it IS a Canadian trait to always say "sorry", whether you're to blame or not.

Walk down the street and someone walks into you ............. you say sorry, as well as most times the other person.

Someone steps on your tow ........ you say sorry!

Don't plug in something and call for help ............... the eprson who helps will often say "Sorry, but you didn't plug it in", and you say "Sorry, that was stupid of me".

Some holds the door open for you even though you are several steps behind? Hurry forward, say "Sorry for keeping you waiting", then say "Thank you!", or occasionally the other way round!

It's quite the joke here!

Caroline

Caroline Report 19 Jun 2020 21:31

Sorry we keep apologising :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 19 Jun 2020 22:51

I apologise if something was my fault and try to ensure it doesn’t happen again, if I’m late for work etc because the bus was late I don’t apologise because that was out of my control but I do explain.

RockyMountainShy

RockyMountainShy Report 19 Jun 2020 23:31

Even then I am hobbling towards the door someone will hold the door open and yell to me "take your time, there's no hurry" next time I see them, their running thorough the store trying to catch up to their partner.

It is a Canadian thing. :-D <3 :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Jun 2020 03:07

It definitely is!!

It's also infectious

sorry :-D ;-)

David

David Report 20 Jun 2020 06:33

It was me, I did it.

MEA CULPA

Dermot

Dermot Report 20 Jun 2020 07:41

I am reminded of the witty words of the satirist Samuel Butler, who died many years ago:

"I believe that he was really sorry, that people would not believe he was sorry, that he was not more sorry." (Indo 29.03.14). :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Jun 2020 15:30

Ooh, never complain, never explain! That's the way to do it. :-0 :-D