General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winter Solstice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 21 Jun 2020 22:52

Well, now that that is over, I can look forwards to gradually lighter mornings :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jun 2020 00:16

alright fer you, we is on de uvver side of the Sun!!

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jun 2020 00:23

I become very selfish at this time of the year, Bob. ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jun 2020 00:33

LOL

;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Jun 2020 08:42

A bit like being on a see-saw isn't it?
At least we should still have some good weather still to come and spring was good as well. :-) :-) :-)

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jun 2020 09:54

Well, as I look outside to the West storm clouds are gathering.....again! :-(

It may be the winter solstice, but winter has only just begun :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jun 2020 11:54

I hope you have a calmer winter than your autumn !

Although it is mid summer here, it won't be long before we notice a difference in darker evenings.
In the meantime, we'll enjoy the summer sunshine, although in truth, this far south east corner could do with some rain. We seem to have missed all the recent downpours in the rest of the country.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 Jun 2020 11:58

You can have some of ours, Gwyn. We had some lovely weather while the south was getting wet, but the last couple of days have been wet and windy.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jun 2020 12:04

Andysmum

Daughter is working from home and there was an online meeting last week. She could hear that a colleague in the north of the county was experiencing torrential rain and thunderstorms, while we in this little corner had brilliant sunshine.
We seem to have our own little micro climate of just a few miles radius.

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jun 2020 22:15

Well the storm struck earl last evening and the hall ceiling was leaking again.

Ironic really as we had a phone call from someone who wants to come next Thursday and repair the internal damage caused a few weeks ago. The external damage was supposed to have been fixed shortly after the first storm, but there is obviously more damage than at first thought.

Back to the Insurance Company :-|

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 22 Jun 2020 22:34

Oh dear :-(

The trouble with water is that it comes in and then flows or seeps to a weak spot. Finding the initial entry point can prove troublesome.

I hope you soon get sorted.

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jun 2020 22:41

Thanks, Gwyn. :-)

The initial problem was with two missing tiles, well not missing but they had come adrift. I won't be able to see if there is any discernible damage until it becomes lighter, probably in an hour or so.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Jun 2020 23:01

trouble with a hic cup, I see.. ;-)

Allan

Allan Report 22 Jun 2020 23:12

The gremlins are really active :-D

I think that I need a new laptop, this one keeps booting me off the internet :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Jun 2020 04:27

Poor you!

You're getting everything this year, including internet booting!

Do hope the assessors come quickly, and that the damage is not major.